What is the theme or topic to be presented?
Students will design an optic device that displays a virtual image by
implementing their knowledge of the principles of reflection, refraction and
deviation of mirrors and lenses.
Students will be able to:
• Determine the appropriate materials necessary to build a camera obscura
• Explain the difference between translucent, transparent and opaque
• Understand how light interacts with matter to create an image
• Calculate the angle of deviation of the lens using Snell’s law
• Incorporate mirrors and the data derived from Snell’s law into the camera
obscura in order to invert the image
• (Optional Extension) Modify the camera obscura to be a phone projector
that shows the images right side up.
Physics Standard Year 10
4.6 Present the design of an optic device by applying the principles of reflection
and deviation on mirror and lenses
• Angle of Deviation
• Angle of Refraction
• Snell’s Law